About the Company
Urban Axe Yard, Cochise County and Sierra Vista's premier Axe Throwing Bar, is looking to add Axe-Pert's to our amazing team!
About the Role
We are looking for an Axe Throwing Coach (Axe-pert) who is upbeat, energetic, social, confident, and reliable! We can't reiterate enough how a positive mental attitude and dependability is everything in this role! Must be able to entertain guests and be confident enough to lightly roast customers tastefully. Able to use tools and power tools correctly and has experience in general maintenance and wood working skills. Understands basic principles of social media marketing on different platforms including Facebook, Instagram and TikTok and how to use them. Must be able to command respect and teach in front of a large crowd so previous Military Instructor or teaching background a plus.
No Axe Throwing axe-perience is necessary as training will be given.
• Checking guests in and making sure waivers are signed
• Running guests through the safety rules and regulations before their session
• Teaching guests the basics of axe throwing
• Tending to our guests and making sure they have an amazing axe-perience!
• Keeping guests thoroughly engaged
• Introducing and keeping score of the games our guests will play
• Ensuring people are having the maximum amount of fun
• Accurately take beverage and food orders from guests and deliver within established time frames.
• Verify the age of all guests who purchase alcohol in accordance with company policy. Limiting sales only to guests who are at least 21 years of age.
• Consistently use suggestive selling techniques.
• Ensure that all state, local, and company guidelines regarding the responsible service of alcohol are strictly adhered to. Ensure that alcohol is consumed in designated areas only.
• Work effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
• Perform all additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned including maintenance and construction.
• Follow instructions for the safe use of all chemicals/cleaning materials.
• Changing out targets
• Keeping the facility clean, sanitary, safe, and professional at all times (mustn’t be afraid of cleaning!)
• Taking awesome group photos & videos
• Providing great ideas for marketing and business initiatives!
• Championing Urban Axe Yard whenever possible!
Excellent Communication Skills, being Interpersonal, Organized, Motivated, and Driven
Great with tools, power tools, and construction
Understands social media marketing and able to use Facebook, Instagram and TikTok to name a few
Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
Speaking confidently in front of large groups and commanding authority
Walking or standing for 100% of your shift
Being able to carry up to 50lbs
Reliability and has their own transportation
Working well with others as part of a team
Being able to work evenings, weekdays, weekends & holidays
Server experience in bar/restaurant
Alcohol Seller-Server Training/Certificate
Food Handlers Training/Certificate
Benefits and Process
Get paid WEEKLY!
Earning LOADS extra in tips and bonuses
Basic salary increase and more hours tied with performance
Starting pay from $13/hr to $21/hr
Free Axe Throwing all the time
League Dues covered for all 4 Disciplines
Having one of the coolest jobs in the County!
You will be notified and invited by email to Urban Axe Yard for an in-person interview. Good luck!